Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rest in Peace: Dr. Dorothy I. Height

Civil Rights Activist Dorothy Height Dies (Source: NPR)

I met Dr. Height when I worked as Dr. Jane E. Smith's (NCNW Past President/CEO) Executive Assistant back in 2001. She didn't talk much, but was approachable & indeed a VERY VERY sweet lady. Always wore BAD hats, SHARP Suits, NICE shoes & manicured nails. The way you see her in the media is how she came to work DAILY. She was... beyond the bling you admire; she was regal.

No matter who you were or what your title was, she referred to you as "Mr.", "Mrs.", etc. She treated everyone that entered her office like family, had a great sense of humor & a cute laugh to match.

I only wish I visited her more after my departure. I'll probably regret that for the rest of my life.

Rest in peace, Dr. Height.
*Smooches&Hugs*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Say What? Say Huh?

::I Dig!::