Thursday, May 06, 2010

Rave Review: Bond 45

I'm the worst.


I attended this Media Dinner (and  probibition cocktails, I might add) in January. Here it is May, and I'm just now writing about it.

*latepass* Anywho...


I absolutely LOVED Bond 45! I've never had such great service and impeccable food at a MD restaurant. (sad to say...) The staff were all so well-mannered, genuinely friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. (some were from the NY homebase). I was impressed from start (perhaps it was because they handed me chilled bubbly at 'hello'? Yeah, that could be it.) to finish (even coat check was a dream). I REALLY wish more establishments would follow suite. There's nothing worse than paying hard-earned money on crappy service/product.

Here are a few pics:
(In my defense, I was a BlackBerry owner at the time, hence the shadows and blur. Viva La Android!)

Place setting

Buttery grilled slices.

Mystery Item: (This wasn't listed on the menu.) Dough-y bread with fire roasted peppers


Flaky crust with light seasoned cheese spread in the center, topped with prosciutto and herbs.
(Maaaaaaan! I had about 3 of these.)

Polenta (Italian corn pudding).
This didn't last long AT ALL, and I wasn't too keen on the idea of sharing.

Water by SiDEA: bottled purified Water.
Just a little something to wash down the good grub. Nice and ice cold.
Not pictured:
  • New York Steak: I'm usually not one to order steak, but I wanted to try something different. Plus, it smelled so good. This was truly "The Best Beef in the World". Consider me a fan. The Chef was kind enough to throw mine on the grill for a few more minutes, so there wouldn't be so much pink. I appreciate him for that...and the fact that he gave me extra Polenta. He was my new best friend that evening.
  • Dessert: As if the cocktails, appetizers and dinner weren't enough....We noshed on fresh baked chocolate chocolate chip cookies and chocolate pudding with a nice, creamy topping.
Of course, I ate it all these things before realizing that I didn't get a picture. Oopsies!

Founded in New York and part of The Fireman Hospitality Group, Bond 45 is an Italian Steakhouse serving up lean, mean cuts of the finest steak, seafood and poultry. (They also have items for your veggie lovers out there.)

Honestly, I think its one of the best restaurants at the National Harbor. I give it ***** (5 stars) and 2 thumbs up, across the board: Service - Food - Ambiance. It was all, well...perfect.

Check out their menu and then promptly make your reservations via OpenTable. If you're lucky, you'll be able to snag a seat for Mother's Day. Otherwise, a weeknight dinner or weekend lunch would be a nice way to celebrate...and beat the rush.

Gracious hosts: Shelly Fireman, Executive Chef Daniele Turchetti and Managing Director David Spinogatti.

Bond 45 | 149 Waterfront Street - National Harbor, MD 20745 | 301-839-1445

*Smooches&Hugs*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Say What? Say Huh?

::I Dig!::