Monday, July 26, 2010

Rosa Mexicano: Festival de Halados

I attended Rosa Mexicano's Ice Cream Festival/Cooking Demo a few weeks ago. Talk about fun!

The event began at 10am, which is a bit early for me to be alert AND mobile, but traffic was a breeze and the weather was beyond WONDERFUL! I even stayed afterwards to enjoy a quick bite to eat and sipped on some Sangria. Hel-lo!

Anywho...

Festival de Halados (Ice Cream Festival)
July 7th - August 1st

Demo Items:
*Macaroon de Pitache/Pistachio Torte
*Pistachio macaroon filled with blueberry-creme fraiche ice cream served with tomatillo-blueberry compote
*Trio de Paletas de Helado/ice cream pop trio
*Sweet corn and caramel popcorn

Here are a few photos of the Cooking Demo.

On top of all the fun I had, I won the Raffle/Door Prize! I was the recipient of a shiny new Cuisinart Ice Cream-Yogurt-Sorbet machine! Talk about ex-cited. I hollared! (LOL)

Rosa Mexicano - Penn Quarter
575 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
http://rosamexicano.com/

*Smooches&Hugs*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Say What? Say Huh?

::I Dig!::