Last night, I watched Higher Learning (Omar Epps, Kristy Swanson) on OnDemand. Wow! There was sooo much more to the movie, than black people vs. white people. There were soooo many things that I missed in '95, that just dawned on me yesterday.
The main thing was: Unlearn.
What does that mean, exactly? IDK if there's a fancy/technical definition for it, but... its been heavy on my mind/heart. I guess its just 1 of those things that you can't really answer, you know?
Here are just 2 things that I'd like to Unlearn, before 2008 is over:
1. Embrace the GOOD :-)
- Make plans & just hope for the best. That's all you can do, really.
- Focus more on what's gone RIGHT, then what's gone wrong.
- Being grateful.
2. Unlearn the BAD :-(
- When something doesn't work out as planned -- get over it! (and move on)
- Learn the lesson: With every "screw up", there's always a lesson. Always.
- Changing my approach, when necessary.
I'm kinda "all over the place" with this particular topic (sorry!), but... I knew I wanted to write something about it. Just didn't know where I'd go w/it, until I started typing.
So... What do you need/want to Embrace/Unlearn?
AND, didn't you just love the soundtrack?! *Just had to throw that in there. I heart music. *hee hee*