(I love "Date Nite"!)
Just in case you've fallen short in the past or have no clue as to how you'd like to celebrate, you're in luck; Linda Roth Associates, Inc. (PR agency) has announced quite a few interesting options in the DC-metro area.
Check it out...
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Jessica Zachar
Linda Roth Associates, Inc
It’s time for area residents to discover ways to woo their loved ones this February 14. Whether through hands-on cooking classes or romantic getaways on the Potomac River, the D.C. area offers plenty of activities and promotions to accommodate every sweetheart.
Cruise on the Odyssey (SW Waterfront) Valentine’s packages include a table for two, rose, and champagne.
- DINNER CRUISE: Feb. 12 (7-10pm; $99.90pp); Feb. 13 (7-10pm; $129.90pp); Feb. 14 (6-9pm; $129.90pp)
- BRUNCH CRUISE: Feb. 14 (11:30am-1:30pm; $63.90pp)
Cruise on the Spirit of Washington (SW Waterfront) Valentine’s packages include a table for two, rose, and champagne.
- DINNER CRUISE: Feb. 12 (7-10pm, $79.90pp); Feb. 13 (7-10pm, $109.90); Feb. 14 (6-9pm, $109.90)
- LUNCH CRUISE: Feb. 14 (11:30am- 1:30pm, $39.90)
Dinner at B. Smith’s (Union Station)
- VALENTINE’S DAY DINNER: Feb. 12 – Feb. 14 ($69.00pp) Enjoy the romantic ambience of Union Station’s Presidential Suite while dining on B. Smith’s unique four-course Valentine’s Day dishes. The menu features a blend of comfort foods and elegant fare, including luscious sweet potato soup, lamb chops, pan-roasted lobster tails, seared rockfish, and desserts like chocolate covered strawberries and “naughty” berries and cream.
“Make Whoopie” Pie – at M Bar (Renaissance Washington DC, Dupont Circle Hotel)
- COOKING CLASS: Feb. 13 (5pm, $15.00). M Bar invites guests to make whoopie – pie, that is – this Valentine’s Day. The interactive cooking class, taught by Chef John Therres, will show how to make heart shaped whoopie pies and long-stemmed chocolate dipped strawberries. Sweetheart drink specials will be available for purchase. The special “Making Whoopie Pie” Valentine’s hotel package is also available, starting at $179.00, including overnight deluxe accommodations, in-room breakfast for two, a chilled bottle of champagne, VIP seating at the whoopie pie making class, and take-home whoopie pies and chocolate covered strawberries.
Call 202.775.0800 to reserve, and visit the website to book the hotel package, using code LUV.
DC METRO AREA:
Dine In at Morton’s The Steakhouse (All Six Area Locations)
- DINE IN: All Valentine’s Weekend (5:30pm – 11pm, $99.00/couple) Join your loved one at your favorite area Morton’s The Steakhouse location for a three course dinner with menu offerings that include Morton’s filets, Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, and Broiled Sea Scallops, along with an array of signature potatoes and fresh vegetables to share. Top off your evening with choices like Morton’s Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake and Key Lime Pie, or add a kick to your evening with a hand-crafted Valentine’s Crush Cocktail ($13.00) or select wine bottle pairings ($39.00).
Make unique Valentine’s Day cocktails at Punk’s Backyard Grill (Annapolis, MD)
- MIXOLOGY CLASS: Jan. 23 (2pm, $10.00) Impress your date this Valentine’s Day by learning how to create unique and romantic champagne cocktails at Punk’s. Guests learn how to create homemade bitters (liquor steeped from bitter herbs or roots) to add distinct depth and balance to the champagne cocktails. The class includes hands-on instruction from Punk’s co-owner and chief mixologist Dave McCabe, one cocktail and light fare.
Treat Your Loved Ones to Sweets from Fancy Cakes by Leslie (Bethesda, MD)
- VALENTINES CUPCAKES: Now through Valentine’s Day. Show your loved ones you care with a box of designer Valentine’s Day cupcakes from Fancy Cakes by Leslie. Choose from Leslie’s array of handmade, seasonally decorated cakes or use the do-it-yourself décor bar to make a truly unique gift.