Leave it to ME to catch a "Summer Cold" towards the END of Summer :-\ A few weeks ago, I was diagnosed with an Upper Respitory Tract Infection (been there, done that. Asthma does NOT rock!) and Tonsillitus.
Tonsillitus!? Whoa is me! *le sigh*
During that time, I paired prescription meds with a number of my own home remedies that usually get me through the icky days and even icky-er nights when I'm not feeling well. Chloraseptic® Sore Throat Lozenges is now a part of my "Sick Mix"!
"Sick Mix" - Hot Tea
- hot tea
- a few blobs of honey (or 1-2 honey straws)
- Chloraseptic® Sore Throat Lozenges, Sore Throat - Green Tea with Real Honey
- a few squeezes of lemon slices (or nibble on them, if you can take the tartness) or lemonade from concentrate
- apple cider
- a few blobs of honey (or 1-2 honey straws)
- Chloraseptic® Sore Throat Lozenges, Multi-Symptom Relief - Wild Cherry
- Cinnamon sticks (I normally use 1 or 2, depending on the size of my mug)
- Honestly, I've never been a fan of cough drops of ANY kind. To get through this, I drop a few in my hot tea or apple cider (in lieu of sugar packets) and go on about my day.
- Chloraseptic® Sore Throat Lozenges are VERY potent, but tolerable.
- The liquid center is where all the action is. It clears your ears, nose AND throat all at once.
On to the press release...
For Media Information Contact
Bender Hammerling Group
Sore Throat Pain Can Ruin The Fall Season 5 Common Causes May Surprise You
- Air Travel – Confined cabins provide an ideal environment for transmitting airborne germs. The chances of illness being spread through re-circulated air are relatively high.
- Confined Spaces – Classrooms are confined spaces that also increase the spread of germs causing sore throat pain.
- Sports – Biking, hiking, running or playing any sport outside can cause dehydration which may result in sore throat pain.
- Seasonal Activities – Cheering out loud for your favorite sports team, tailgating and bonfires.
Most of the time a sore throat will go away in a few days. For quick relief, pharmacists recommend these four tips:
- Use sore throat lozenges such as Chloraseptic® Lozenges to numb the pain. It is always important to follow directions on the label.
- Try an over-the-counter pain reliever like aspirin or ibuprofen as directed on the bottle in conjunction with lozenges
- Drink hot beverages like tea with honey or lemon
- Gargle with salt water
To relieve the pain associated with summer sore throats,Chloraseptic, the #1 pharmacist recommended brand, announces a fully upgraded line of Sore Throat Lozenges that provide fast, effective relief. The lozenges go beyond soothing sore throat pain to cooling nasal passages and easing coughs. The new lozenge line features four soothing flavors--Cherry, Citrus, Honey Lemon and Green Tea; the latter two are made with real honey. This is the only medicated sore throat remedy with a liquid center that relieves on contact and provides a second burst of soothing medicine that targets the throat and nasal passages. The Wild Cherry Total lozenges available in sugar-free and regular, also suppress cough for up to 4 hours. The maximum strength Wild Berries flavor lozenge is the strongest available without a prescription.
The Chloraseptic® Lozenge Line is available in 15 and 18 count packs with a suggested retail price of $3.99. The complete family of sore throat relief products also includes Chloraseptic Relief Strips® for kids which are fast-acting, great tasting grape oral strips that relieve sore throat pain on contact. Chloraseptic sore throat sprays are also available in original, kids, and maximum strength portable spray.
For more information on Chloraseptic® Sore Throat Lozenges and the full line of sore throat relief products, log onto http://www.chloraseptic.com/.
About Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc.
Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc., markets well-known over-the-counter healthcare, personal care and household cleaning products. Key brands include Chloraseptic® sore throat relief products, Clear Eyes® and Murine® eye and ear care products, Compound W® wart treatments, Cutex® nail polish removers, the Little Remedies® line of pediatric over-the-counter products, The Doctor’s® NightGuard® dental protector, New Skin® liquid bandages, and Comet® and Spic and Span® household cleaners. The Company’s products are sold throughout the U.S., Canada, and in certain international markets.
For more information, go to http://www.prestigebrandsinc.com/.