Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nose for Nosh: Carmine's Restaurant

New York's Upper West Side brings the greatness of Carmine's to DC's Penn Quarter District.

Bar/Lounge AreaSource: OpenTable.com
Last night's "Date Night" got off to a late start. It was already 10:45pm I was nervous that we wouldn't be able to find any swank "sit down" restaurants in which to dine. We were starving, but didn't want to settle for fast food. After all, we were celebrating MY birthday (Monday, September 13th - FYI and BTW) and I refused to have burgers and fries.

To my surprise and good luck, Carmine's Restaurant had a table for 2 available. Schweet! Thanks to my wonderful OpenTable Android app, I was able to make my reservations in milliseconds. Glory!

In recent weeks, I had heard and read so many positive reviews on Carmine's. Until last night, I was jealous that I missed the Grand Opening and a bit miffed that I still hadn't made my way to check out the venue.

Atmosphere:
Charming, HUGE, good spacing between tables and booths (we liked that you can eat without bumping your neighbor's elbow). There's also a good distance between the HUGE bar and dining areas. There is no "bad seat" here.

Menu Selection:
Vast. From poultry to beef to seafood to veggies. Every Italian dish that you can think of is on this menu. Even better, the menu is posted on the walls for ALL to see, so no matter where you're seated, the menu is in plain site. I thought that was pretty cool and a good way to save on paper and printing costs.

Portions:
HUGE! Family-style.


Service:
***** (5 star)

Ideal for...:
Romantic dining, Girls Night Out, Guys Night Out, solo dining (at the bar), large parties, kid-friendly.

MISC:
They have gift cards! *ahem*

...and YES, I have food pics. Prepare to be dazzled and drooling!


Man, oh man... I can't wait to go back!

Carmine's Restaurant
425 Seventh Street, NW
Penn Quarter, DC
http://carminesnyc.com/

Metro: Gallery Place/Chinatown (red line), Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter (green and yellow lines)
Parking: valet, meter, garage

Click here to review press release.

*Smooches&Hugs*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Say What? Say Huh?

::I Dig!::