Friday, September 24, 2010

Rave Review: HINT Essence Water

"Drink water, not sugar."

Six flavors to choose from. What's YOUR favorite?
Source: 5W Public Relations
September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month and HINT is doing there part to fight the growing problem with American children. HINT is collaborating with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation and offering its unsweetened flavored waters to students in schools across the country.


San Francisco mother of four, Kara Goldin launched HINT Water to offer families a healthier alternative to sugary juices and sodas. HINT has no calories, no sugar and no artificial flavors or preservatives. HINT is designed to taste great without tasting sweet.

It comes in these delicious flavors: Blackberry, Watermelon, Pomegranate-Tangerine, Mango-Grapefruit, Strawberry-Kiwi and Raspberry-Lime. HINT Essence Water can be found in fine grocery stores and retailers all over the United States or purchased online at http://www.drinkhint.com/.

Check out First Lady Michelle Obama's Hula-Hoop workout!
Source: 5W Public Relations
 
*What I sampled:
Pomegranate-Tangerine: My first (and favorite) of the bunch. I've been on a pomegranate kick for about a year now, so this was right on time. The tangerine was a welcome surprise and flowed nicely. I really like these flavors together.
 
Blackberry: Different, but I liked it. I've never had blackberry ANYTHING by itself. I was nervous, but surprised at how good it tasted.
 
Watermelon: I actually drank this while eating a bowl of yellow watermelon and strawberries. Go figure. Oddly enough, it wasn't the overkill that you'd/I'd imagine.
 
Mango-Grapefruit: Since I'm not a fan of either fruit, I decided to make some HINT ice cubes instead. It added just a tad bit of flavor to my already sweetened yummy lemonade. However, before making the ice, I took a mini sip of it. Not bad, but I knew I wouldn't finish the bottle.
 
HINT Essence Water is great for those who aren't fans of "plain" water (i.e., my mother and her grandchildren). Its just a 'hint' (if you will) of flavor without tasting too sweet. Not that I mind sweet, but it wa a nice switch and encouraged me to cut back on the sugary sweet juices that I love oh-so-very much. *le sigh* I suggest serving it ICE cold. It freezes well and I love having little ice "slushies" in my water bottle. Kids will like it, because its not as boring as they think water can be.
 
HINT Essence Water is perfect for a nice, hot Summer day (which DC's had plenty of lately) when you want juice, but need water instead.
 
*Duly Note: I spy with my (big) eyes...a fun frugal find! --> I was in TJMaxx in Arundel Mills Mall (Hanover, MD) and saw several flavors available for only $1.99!
 
*FTC Disclaimer: Samples of HINT Essence Water were provided by 5W Public Relations (New York, NY). Monetary compensation not applicable.
 
*Smooches&Hugs*

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Say What? Say Huh?

::I Dig!::