|ME: Ex-cited...holding tasting tickets|
At least I LOOKED cool...See?
|My shirt: Happy Birthday, John Lennon! *air guitar* Rest in Peace, Sir..|
|Wine & Spirits tickets: Too bad we didn't get to use them :-(|
Here's some of what I sampled:
- Bodega Spanish Tapas and Lounge (3116 M Street, NW) - chicken paella
- Crêpe Amour (3291 M Street, NW - lower level) - strawberry crêpes
- Georgetown Wing Company (3291 M Street, NW - upper level) - mango caliente wings
- Morton's the Steakhouse (3251 Prospect Street, NW) - tenderloin
- Mie N Yu (3125 M Street) - lamb with jasmine rice
- Patisserie Poupon (1645 Wisconsin Avenue, NW) - pear tart, macaroon-pound cake hybrid thingie
I don't have many pics, because I was too busy eating and fighting NOT to lose my good spot in line. I guess its safe to say "you had to be there" to get the full effect.
I'm there bright and early next year. Our 12:30 arrival was no match for the gazillion people that beat us there. They had a plan.